When life give you lemons, make a shower spray and hand sanitizer out of it!
Read on to find out what our founder Ira would do if she found herself in a Coronavirus (COVID-19) quarantine.
So schools might be shutting down, along with trade shows, travel and normality as we know it. But is it all bad? I am a big believer in making lemonade from lemons. The first thing to do is to stay healthy! Here are some tips:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds (2 amazing renditions of the birthday song)
- Don’t touch your face! We average touching our faces 500 times a day, yuck!
- Stay hydrated. You cannot drink enough liquids! (Unless its vodka/alcohol… You can totally have too much of that!)
So you did all that and now you must stay home…. Here is where it gets interesting. These would be my must haves:
- Gatorade or any kind of electrolytes - It’s great for hydration. You need to keep hydrated so stocking up on this doesn’t hurt…There’s so many different flavors, but the red one tastes the best with vodka (I'm kidding, but not kidding).
- Eucalyptus oil for your shower (like our BRAND NEW Eucalytpus Shower Mist) -lt has antimicrobial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties that help stimulate deep breathing. This can aid in calming a cough, clearing your sinuses, and soothing your chest, you can put it in a diffuser as well but I love it in the shower.
- Peppermint and lavender essential oil - they are multi-purpose, earning the reputation of being the most versatile oils in the world. They are known to reduce pain and to invigorate, energize, and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. I love them because they calm me down as everyone is going crazy!
- Peppermint and lavender anything - I use our Everywhere Deodorant Spray for surfaces and all around me if I can't wash my hands or don’t have sanitizer (It contains antibactierial alcohol, and you can stock up easily with our refillable bulk size!)
- Chocolate -I don’t think I need to explain this, you should always have chocolate!
- Plenty of medicine - Yes I've said it! While we all like going natural, fevers are nothing to joke about. As a mother of 3 I always have some medicine in the house for fevers.
- A Netflix subscription - Yes you will be watching a lot of tv but click away from the news and binge watch something you have been trying to watch. Let your mind take a break for a couple hours!
- Last but not least- toilet paper! - I don’t know why, but everyone is buying it and I can’t find any!
This is not ideal but try to make good of this forced down time.
Mind over matter!
Everywhere is running out of soap and hand sanitizer!!
If you're running into this issue and don’t want to spend $1000 on sanitizer you can make some yourself, here is how.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe:
What you will need:
- 99% Rubbing Alcohol or Ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol)
- Pure Aloe Vera Gel or Vegetable Glycerin
- Optional- Essential Oils to make it smell nice, like Eucalyptus, Lavender or Peppermint
- Optional- Vitamin E to soften hands
- Pour 2/3 cup (160mL) of 99% rubbing alcohol or ethanol into a large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup (80 mL) of pure aloe vera gel or vegetable glycerin.
- If using, add 10 drops of essential oils. If you don't have any you can substitute with a couple sprays of our Everywhere Deodorant Spray or Shower Mist.
- If using, add a couple drops of vitamin E.
- Mix well with a whisk and put into small containers to take with you EVERYWHERE!!
Stay safe out there friends!!
With Love and Light,
XOXO FREEDOM Founder, Ira
Want to be the first to get our
fan favorite products
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
Join our mailing list now to get an instant 20% welcome discount plus first access to new products & promotions.