Ira, CEO and Founder of Freedom is back with more yummy recipes!
First - welcome to the New Year! With the holidays behind us, many of us have indulged in a bit too much food and are looking for a way to cleanse our bodies and minds. Sometimes a spa-quality experience in your shower with your 100% eucalyptus spray just won't cut it...
If you're looking for a delicious and easy detox recipe that can help you start the new year on the right track, then this blog post is for you! Most of the United States has been hit by a cold front for the past few weeks and has been covered in snow, so this dish will be sure to warm everyone up! Our detox recipe for this Turmeric, Carrot & Parsnip Soup with Cinnamon Croutons is the perfect combination of fresh, healthy ingredients that are sure to help you jumpstart your journey toward a healthier and happier you. Although this recipe takes a little longer than our other recent blogs, we promise it is worth the wait - thanks 'The Inspired Home'! Keep reading to learn more...
Did you know you can boost your immune system and protect your body during flu season by eating certain ingredients or recipes? That's only one benefit! Here's more:
1. Improving overall health
2. Better sleep patterns
3. Lose weight
4. Decreasing mood swings by promoting balanced emotions
5. Improved energy
Detoxing can also be a great way to get your body back to a healthy neutral after eating a lot of bad food and drinks - perfect for after the holidays! Each of these benefits can be accomplished by performing different types of detoxes. We have given you some examples on how to detox below!
2. Drinking only juices
3. Use herbs
4. Using dietary supplements
5. Changing your products out for a 100% natural deodorant that actually works! Our favorite is coco-van! 😉 See all options here.
While all of these may be options, we prefer to detox our bodies with only natural remedies and healthy eating!
When you decide it's time for a detox, be sure to rethink the food you are putting into your body - this means drinks too! You'll want to avoid foods that are high in:
- Over-processed additives like white flour
- Saturated fats or trans fats
- Food dyes
On the other hand, you will want to go for healthier options, such as:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Lean proteins
- Bagged salads
- Roasted nuts
Let's get started with this recipe!
4 cups peeled and chopped carrots
2 cups peeled and chopped parsnips
1 small yellow onion
3 cloves garlic
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
2 tablespoons ground turmeric
1 tablespoon sriracha
3 slices whole-wheat multi-seed bread (a few days old works best)
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Tip: Always opt. for organic ingredients when possible!
1. Set the oven to its lowest possible setting.
2. Chop the bread and coat it with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and cinnamon.
3. Spread bread evenly on a cookie sheet and place in the low oven for around 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Watch croutons to prevent burning, remove from oven when nice and dry/crisply.
1. Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips, and peel and dice the yellow onion and garlic.
2. Place your soup pot on the stove over medium heat.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to your pot. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the yellow onion diced.
4. Cook the onions for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once the onion starts to turn translucent, add the diced garlic, turmeric, and a pinch of salt.
6. After cooking for another 2 minutes, add the carrots, parsnips, vegetable broth, coconut milk, and sriracha.
7. Bring the soup pot to a boil and then lower to medium-low heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Once the carrots and parsnips are very tender, your soup is ready to blend.
9. Use an immersion blender, or a blender, to carefully blend the soup until it is smooth.
10. Serve soup topped with cinnamon croutons and enjoy!
We can't wait to hear your thoughts - get detoxing warriors! 💪🏻
CEO/ Founder/ Survivor 💗