I ask this as I’m sweating from my toes to my nose in the middle of December!
People tell me they sweat less in the winter but I beg to differ. I’m just as active as in the warmer months, but I’m wearing much warmer things and lugging around a heavy coat. Being the inquisitive person that I am, I wanted to see what I could do to minimize my sweating.
FYI- I’m a sweater!! I sweat everywhere, with the back of my neck being the worst.
Here are some tips I found:
- Wear layers- Take them off when going inside. You can wear your sweater around your waist or shoulders for a preppy, chic look.
- Yoga- Yes yoga! Actually, exercise in general. It keeps stress and anxiety down so you are not stress sweating, which is the worst!
- Wear puffy vests and large scarves versus the gigantic parka (weather permitting of course)- I have a large scarf that I use as a wrap, pillow, hat and yes just as a scarf instead of a 5lb wool jacket.
- Witch hazel- Great for constricting your pores to minimize sweat (great toner for your face as well). It can be found in our Everywhere Deodorant Sprays. It’s a must have for any travel. You’ll thank me later after that 1st smelly taxi or uber ride.
- Avoid spicy food and caffeine- They actually make you sweat more! So switch to our next tip.
- Green Tea – It contains magnesium and vitamin b which constrict your sweat glands and keep you calm.
Hope this helps, and remember: Sweaty is good, stinky is bad!
Find your FREEDOM!
Ira - Founder/ CEO Freedom Natural Deodorant