Stress is inevitable. Everyone experiences stress to some degree - some more than others. We even experience stress differently. But, one thing we should keep in mind is that stress plays a huge role in your health.
77 percent of people experience stress that affects their physical health. 73 percent of people have stress that impacts their mental health.
We’re going to share with you some tips for you to relieve stress and start living a life on your own stress. That’s what FREEDOM is all about.
Tips for Being More Mindful
- Meditate. Take 5 minutes to sit quietly and focus on your breath. This will help you feel more conscious and connected.
- Move. Whether it’s walking, practicing yoga, or just stretching at your desk, become aware of your body’s sensations by moving. Moving your body is so beneficial to your mental and physical health.
- Focus on one thing at a time. Pay attention to what you're doing whether that be eating, writing, talking on the phone, driving , etc. Multitasking is a clear indicator of a person who is busy and stressed.
Tips for Practicing Gratitude
- Appreciate the good things. Look for the beauty in everything and anything. You’ll start to notice them more often.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Keep a journal of all of the things you are thankful for so you’ll be able to refer back to whenever you are feeling stressed.
- Spend time with loved ones. Of course, you’ll enjoy your time with them, but it will also give you a chance to practice your acts of gratitude on people that you care about.
Tips for Being More Present
- Celebrate the small wins. Even small wins deserve love and attention. Small steps lead to big changes. Celebrating your small victories will also put you in a state of gratitude.
- Be okay with not knowing all of the answers. There are certain things that you will never know or understand. Remind yourself of this as needed!
- Feel your feelings. All of your feelings are valid. Acknowledge them when they are present! Treat your feelings as a moving cloud. Let them go when it’s time.
Follow these daily practices and you should start to feel less stressed. By practicing mindfulness, gratitude, and being more present you should start to notice positive changes in your life. Remember that, there are certain things in life that we cannot control and we should instead look at the obstacles in our lives in a different perspective. Ask yourself, “What can this teach me?” When you start to look for the opportunities and possibilities in your life, you start to decrease stress because you have ultimately changed your perspective.