What’s the problem: So, you’ve made the switch to natural deodorant, but you’ve noticed something: your underarms are darkening a bit.
What are the causes: This is not an uncommon phenomenon when getting the body used to deodorants that contain baking soda as a natural ingredient. Don’t worry! The Freedom Family is here to help you with some darkening armpit remedies.
DIY Ways to Prevent Dark Armpits and Lighten At-Home
Use a DIY Honey-Lemon Scrub
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
Mix into a thick paste. Massage a dime-sized amount onto underarm. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Don’t Throw Out Those Squeezed Lemon Halves
The natural acidity of citrus helps to offset the alkaline of the baking soda
- Remove the rind (peel) of a lemon, lime, or orange
- Lightly rub the peel in broad circular motions on each armpit for 30 seconds each
- Gently rinse citrus off with lukewarm water and mild soap to prevent irritation from overexposure to citric acid
Less Really Is More
The old adage less is more is new with our natural formula: a couple of swipes is all you need. The lighter the application, the less you might experience underarm darkening.
Switch to our Coco Van Roll-On Deodorant. The Coco Van Roll-On is a tropical blend of pure coconut and vanilla that is 100% Effective, 100% Natural and Vegan, and 100% Baking Soda Free. Experience the odor-protection that Freedom has to offer without the baking soda formula. Smells like the first day of summer.
Now, what’s so different about our deodorant?
- Freedom uses all natural ingredients
- Our products are free of aluminum, parabens, triclosan, and BHT
- All our ingredients can be pronounced and eaten (not that we’d suggest that! Not everyone likes the taste)
- Freedom works all day with only one application
- Freedom keeps your armpits happy, healthy, fresh and pretty